Monday, September 14, 2009

What I’m Eating Now: Low Residue Meal Tips

Multi-Grain Light English Muffins

Stats: 100kcal; 8 grams of fiber; 5 grams of protein (1 muffin); 1 WW point

How: 1 per day split over two meals. Gives me ½ of my fiber for the day and doesn’t seem to bother my stomach.

Canned Tuna

Stats: 70kcal; 0 grams of fiber; 15 grams of protein; 2 WW points

How: A scoop piled on ½ an English muffin. It’s a mini open-face sandwich that is just the right size!

Eating Right 100% Cereal from Safeway

Stats: 110kcal; 3 grams of fiber; 2 grams of protein; AND, 100% of my daily Iron, Calcium, Vitamins A, C, D, E, B6, B12 and a bunch of other good stuff; 2 WW point

How: Mixed in with the yogurt (see below).

Caveat: This cereal has sugar as one of its top ingredients, but it is the only one I found after 20 minutes in the cereal aisle that had some redeeming qualities. Lots of good for you cereals have too much fiber and/or bran. I would love to find a good for you cereal that is fortified with all the necessary vitamins with no added sugar or bran, but I doubt that is readily available.

0% Greek Yogurt I like Fage or Oikos

Stats: 80kcal; 2 grams of fiber; 15 grams of protein; 2 WW point

How: Mixed with the cereal (see above) and some Splenda. The protein makes up for the missing fiber, I think.

It occurs to me that I did not list fat for any of these foods. They all have 2 grams or less per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment