Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Crazy Cardio Challenge

I read an article yesterday that stated one could lose approximately 8lbs. by doing 350 minutes of cardio per week. The 350 minutes includes two sessions of strength training that focus on compound movements that work the whole body.

The Good - I admit that I am a sucker for a challenge. Seriously, I reread my posts and I seem to have a new one every week. I read this and it pushed me to blast through 50 minutes yesterday. I reread it today and I managed to get through 60 minutes.

The Bad - I don't believe in working out seven days of week so this workout requires approximately 60 minutes of cardio six days per week. It feels a bit like setting oneself up for failure and there is truly no magic in it. Who wouldn't lose weight working out for 6 days a week for an entire month? The articles states that one should maintain moderate intensity and gives lots of suggestions for cross-training (one could definitely get hurt here) to reduce the risk for injury.

The Verdict - What do I have to lose? Well, obviously the weight. I can't resist the lure of losing eight pounds. And, I am in my fourth week now. My results have been largely emotional (increased stamina, stability in eating), but not physical. I am going to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment