Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day Twenty-Six

I surprised myself yesterday and ended up going to the gym. I got back from dinner around 8:15 and started flipping through the channels. Somehow I landed on Biggest Loser and I became increasingly more uncomfortable as I watched. I still had energy and felt a sneaking suspicion that I had overeaten (totally confirmed, by the way, by my realization that I had overeaten my day’s points and all of my weekly flexes). So, I decided to go to the gym!

It wasn’t the most inspired workout. I probably spent nearly an hour on the cardio machines, but would only count 20 minutes towards my goal. My exertion levels were low for a lot of the time and I didn’t feel like I was working out at a moderate intensity. However, that isn’t the point. I know that if I had stayed home I would’ve scooped out some ice cream and warmed up a muffin for an unneeded dessert. Every little bit counts.

So, my goal for today is to continue to journal and to workout. I am feeling good about doing it and think I can maintain. I think it will be a struggle to stay within my point limits yesterday, but going to the gym last night might’ve kept me from derailing. One day of splurges doesn’t have to turn into three.

No comments:

Post a Comment