Monday, September 14, 2009

Day Eighteen

Another good day so far! I kept to my word and tried to keep careful track of when and why I was eating and I definitely made some key observations.

My mid-morning snack may be an emotional reaction instead of hunger.

I was contemplating what I needed to do today and this week and my hand started reaching for a snack – it was like my brain was screaming “it’s time to eat!” I think it was an unconscious reaction to my To Do List. Maybe a snack is comforting when you’re wondering if you’re going to be able to push through everything for the day/week? This would make sense because when I am really busy and running around in mornings I can go much longer without food.

PLAN: Tomorrow I am going to reach for the water bottle. I think I have probably read this on a million blogs and weight loss web sites, but it really clicked today. I might just need to have a sip before I start munching mindlessly. This would be pointless if I didn’t develop a strategy, right?)

My mid-afternoon snack is affected by my caffeine levels crashing.

No surprise here. I had a pretty good protein packed lunch (tuna on ½ English muffin and a 100-calorie pack of cookies), but my energy levels started to lag around 3. A wonderful colleague brought me coffee, but I know from many, many times before that sleepiness = monster carb cravings.

PLAN: Tomorrow? Let’s be real. I am going to keep a steady stream of caffeine in my body and keep up the protein packed lunches. I am not quitting coffee now – just need to be aware of how it is affecting my body. And, I need to keep sipping water – I really don’t think I am getting the obligatory 64 oz, which is bad since it should be something closer to 100 for me.

My evenings are a black hole.

Okay, so I am writing this early – even before I head home. I have a near-perfect image of myself walking in the door and sitting down to munch. And munch and munch and munch. I need a plan or else it’ll all go away.

PLAN: Tonight, I am going to pre-set the meal (another scoop of tuna, ½ English muffin, and ½ slice of cheese). This will put me over my points for today since I already reached my limits, but that’s okay. It should keep me full and motivated to maybe workout – I am thinking more running intervals and some good stretching if I am not too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment