Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day Thirty-Three

Best laid plans. I didn't achieve my goal last week and it seems close to unattainable this week. I have completed 105 minutes this week and have 245 minutes (or approximately 6 hours) to accomplish in 2 days. I don't think I will make it. Knowing that something is not physically possible is not a reason to completely give up. I want to get as close as possible to 350 and will be in the gym tomorrow. And, I plan to achieve the 350 next week despite going out of town. My inability to reach my goal is directly attributable to my lack of sleep. I don't want to spend time lamenting the loss cardio sessions, but I do want to keep in mind the effects.

Attempting to workout six-seven days per week and blogging about my struggles has a significant effect on me last week. I didn't really notice the difference until today. The normal stresses and frustrations of work seemed much greater and my sense of well-being was diminished. Last week had just as many challenges, but I felt better equipped to handle it as I bounced up and down on the cardio machines.

I think it is very important that I don't give up now. I could see how easy it would be to cease the goal and simply focus on "getting enough cardio" in the weeks to come. But, I don't want to settle for that. There will always be business trips, or moves, or sleepless nights to thwart my workout goals. The whole point of developing the habit is figuring out how to make this a part of my life. The hardest part is mental.

No comments:

Post a Comment