Sunday, December 6, 2009

Low Residue Sweet Spot

I reached the low residue sweet spot today. What exactly is the sweet spot? It's that moment in time when the decisions you make in the interest of your health feel like the best decisions for every part of you. No trade-offs, no regrets or resentment -- it just happens naturally.

The sweet spot came sometime before I made the decision to go the gym and it persists. It's really no big surprise that I went since I blog, talk, and plan for it every darn day. What is remarkable is how I felt as I was preparing to go and after I got there. I went to the gym because I thought it would relax me. I was tired from yesterday's super workout, but I figured I would make it work and I did.

I came home and indulged in some low residue sweets (mmm....smores) and I feel fantastic. It might be too much to expect to feel this way every day, but knowing it can happen is just the boost I need to keep going. Getting the workout/food stuff right is critical because it's a foundation for me to do all the other things that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment