Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009

Another day, another missed workout – everything was going well until I realized my gym pants were at home. It would be difficult to recount in words the absolute disgust (and amusement) that I felt upon discovering that my workout pants were not in my bag. My meticulous preparation the night before fell short. Oops.

The effects of my silly mistake are twofold. First, my plans for the rest of the week are going to make it difficult to get in more than one gym workout between now and Friday. It looks like I am going to sacrifice an activity or sleep to reach my goal. Second, a few days of holiday eating minus cardio has caused scale creep that goes beyond the regular fluctuations that take place during the week. This is not where I would like to be on the first day of the last month of the year – I’ve set up an ambitious goal and learned that the small choices along the way really add up.

I am going to strive for an intense workout this evening. I think 60 minutes of moderate cardio followed by 30 minutes of weight training is a reasonable goal. I will also need to find an additional 60 minutes one day later this week. I am not yet certain when that will be, but late tomorrow evening or early Friday evening appear to be my best bets!

No comments:

Post a Comment