Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day Three, Part II

Any hope of tomorrow being a good day seems to be fading. I'm lying uncomfortably awake and the debate of sleep vs exercise has commenced. I am looking at fewer than six hours of sleep tonight and it doesn't seem like it'll be restful. I've already devoured two bags of 100c cookies packs in frustration as the minutes tick by. My IBD always feels worse when I haven't slept. The bowels are as sluggish as my mind; carb cravings skyrocket and the ensuing sugar highs and lows exacerbate digestion. The mood swings are pretty unbearable. too. Nothing is easy when you're tired least of all dealing with twinges, aches, and discomfort of half digested meals. If by some miracle I wake up not feeling worse than I did when I eventually fall asleep then maybe I will drag myself to the gym. But, I find that the short term high from exercise and the temporary boost in motility will only get you through so many hours of the day.

There is little I hate more than not sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment