Friday, August 28, 2009

Day One, Part II

It's 9:35pm and I still haven't been to the gym. (Let's ignore the fact that I am sitting at home blogging on a Friday night.) I did, however, go to Target and Costco to get lots of healthy items (except for the ice cream.) I've proactively planned my meals and exercise for the week and am looking forward to getting up in the morning for Weight Watchers! I spent lots of time up and down the aisles in Target and here is what I've planned for the week:

Breakfast -- Greek Yogurt; High-Protein/Lo-Fiber Cereal (30g protein; 280cal)
Snack -- Soy Jerky (10g protein; 80cal)
Lunch -- Tuna on English Muffin; 100calories snackpack Cookies (15g protein; 280cal)
Snack -- Nutrition Bar (12g protein; 190cal)
Dinner -- Cooked Spinach with Tofu (8g Protein; 100cal)
Snack -- WW Dessert (4g protein; 170cal)

I haven't calculated the points in these. It's heavy on the protein for satiation -- about 80g per day -- and low on the fiber -- fewer than 15g per day. I think the relatively high protein breakfast will keep me full to lunch and then I can space my meals/snack out to every 2.5 hours. Obviously, there are no vegetables besides the spinach, but that's ok. I will alternate the greek yogurt/cereal with a nutritional shake. That with the bar will help me get a lot of my vitamins. I read somewhere that there is a special multi-vitamin for individuals with IBD since individuals sometimes have trouble with absorption. However, my doctor confirmed that semi-regular shakes and hydration were more critical than crossing all of my vitamin Ts and dotting my mineral Is.

I also planned my exercise for the week -- I figure if I publish it online then I have to be somewhat accountable, right? Here's the plan for the week -- I appear to have tossed baby steps out the window:

Saturday Morning -- Pilates Mat
Sunday Morning -- Spinning
Monday Morning -- Light Cardio/Abs
Tuesday Morning -- Light Cardio/Abs
Wednesday Evening -- Personal Training
Thursday -- Rest/Weigh In (Going out of town for Labor Day)
Friday Morning -- Light Cardio/Abs

It's ambitious at first glance, but not too much. I can't squeeze in more than 30 minutes in the morning during the week. It really is to help me wake-up. And, if I am feeling fatigued then I can always scale back. The Pilates and Spinning are the biggest hurdles, but I can do it! And, day two will be even more successful than day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment