Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Plan

I don't like to do things without a plan. And, having a plan implies having a goal. The long-term goal, of course, is to be healthy. But, there is a day-by-day nature to that that feels to complacent for my type-A personality. I like to plan with a Big P. Thus, the plan is to shake these fifteen-odd pounds while learning to love comfortably within bounds of a low-residue way of life. My mom used to tell me to make baby steps back when I was a kid in the hospital. Baby steps. Well, my first baby step is to get myself back into the gym tomorrow. And, my second baby step will be to get myself back on Weight Watchers. The gym and WW helped me lose it before and I know I can do it again. (Even if I have to bend the rules a bit -- I mean really...how does one eat 01-pt foods when they can't have too much fiber?) I'll be back tomorrow for Day One, which just means getting myself active.

No comments:

Post a Comment