Saturday, April 3, 2010

I went

I pushed myself to my limits and I feel great because of it. It is like flipping a switch. I have been focusing on what I can do instead of emphasizing what I can't. I think chronic health conditions affect people in different ways. Some become obsessed and defined by challenging their physical or mental barriers. They never take no for answer.

I am not that type.

I am more like the person who has used pragmatism to define what I can accomplish. This formula involves trying and testing what I can and can't do within pre-established boundaries. It's a safe, sensible, risk-adverse approach to living life as an individual aware of the fragility of physical health.

I think there are no barriers more challenging than the ones we place upon ourselves. I'll go one step further and say that many health conditions are just aother variable to take into account when trying to achieve a goal.

At work, I'd never say that a colleague's bad attitude should stop me from pursuing a goal.

I'm not going to let a stack of unpacked boxes stop me from having a party in few weeks.

Annoying and unpredictable variables come up all the time and it is critical that we judge ourselves on how we manage them in an effort to achieve our goal.

I've been focusing on the same thing in the past week -- in essence, a four post pep talk. Buried in the lyric-laced musings are efforts to build and refine my personal motivation. I think I am just about there.

No comments:

Post a Comment