Thursday, April 29, 2010

The 350 Challenge is Back

Some time ago I blogged about the difference between trying to fit the gym in the schedule and accepting that it's a necessary part of my day. I've been going consistently for the past few weeks and it has definitely shifted to the latter. However, fitting it into my busy schedule (no complaints about being busy -- you can't run around accomplishing great things when you're feeling ill) takes creativity. I don't know what the week will bring, but the following times have been set.

Saturday, April 24
7:00AM - 8:00AM 60 minutes of cardio

Update: I was 10 minutes late and only got 50 minutes in, went back later and did another 50. 60 on rower; 15 on elliptical; and 15 on treadmill.

Sunday, April 25
830ish-10ish 60 minutes of cardio; 30 minutes weights

Update: I did a cardio super circuit! Had some cashews the day before and wanted to make sure I was extremely active -- 12m on bike, 12m on elliptical, 12m on rower, 24m on treadmill, and push-ups/sit-ups/squats/lunges in between each circuit.

Monday, April 26
6:15AM-6:50AM 35 minutes of weights

Update: The bad news is I woke up at 4:30, the good news is that I gave up on going back to sleep at 5:30 and squeezed 50 minutes of cardio into my morning. I went back in the evening and got another 15 minutes of bike riding followed by 15 minutes of weights. Looking forward to total and complete rest tomorrow!

Tuesday, April 27
TBD 20minutes of walking

Wednesday, April 28
6:15AM-6:50AM 35 minutes of weights
8:00PM-9:00PM 60 minutes of cardio

Update: Didn't exactly make it back for part two of the workout. But, I did get in a great workout in the morning -- who knew a jump squat could be so effective?

Thursday, April 29
TBD 20minutes of walking

Update: I got up this morning and made my way to the gym to combat the guilt of missing last night. not the longest workout -- those jump squats linger -- but, I the role of early morning activity in facilitating my digestion can't be underestimated. I ate melon today! I need to get in another 30 tomorrow.

Friday, April 30
6:15AM-6:50 35 minutes of weights

Two light days, two planned days of sleeeping in, and good nutrition will supplement the foundation that I've been building the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment