Sunday, April 25, 2010

Low Residue Food Groups

I looked back on my posts for the past 9 or so months and have come up with my low residue food groups; these are four unscientific groups of foods that meet several criteria:

1) I like them.
2) They are staples that have, at one time or another, been my go to foods for years.
3) I like them.
4) In aggregate, they provide a reasonable mix of nutrition and splurging.

I've assigned them WW points values because I think I will benefit from counting -- not because I want to torture myself or deviate from the 6 even spaced small meals that I've used in the past, but because I think the numbering system might override mindless snacking (mindless in this case is spelled: wheat thins).

Please note: I've collapsed the USDA food groups into new groups that meet my needs.

Protein
Eggs -- 2 pts
2.5oz Tuna (salmon, scallops) -- 3 pts
1c Greek yogurt (0%; without the fruit, caramel, or chocolate)-- 2 pts
SB Protein Bars -- 3 pts
String Cheese -- 2 pts

"Grains"
Kashi Cereal (no more than 1/2 c) -- 1 pt
Kashi Fruit Bars -- 3 pts
1 Kashi Waffles -- 1 pt
Arnold Sandwich Thins -- 1 pt

Fruits/Vegetables
1 c Grapes -- 1 pt
1 c Melon -- 1 pt
1 c Small Berries -- 1pt
Finely Chopped Spinach -- 0 pts
Bell Peppers -- 0 pts

Empty Sugars
1 pt WW cookies, bars, cakes -- 1pt
wine -- 2 pts
scotch; whiskey -- 2 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment