Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

I'm back! I am totally serious this time. Totally.

I've got a diet plan for the week. I noted to my husband the other day that I think my recent dietary challenges have been exacerbated by the contents of my meal. I haven't been eating real food. Instead, I've eaten many, many boxes of Wheat Thins in what started as a response to salt cravings and ended as an inability to feel satiated. Sometimes I need to remind myself that not being able to eat fresh fruit and vegetables doesn't mean that I can't eat real food. We all have our bad days and learning a lesson once doesn't mean that you won't need reminders down the road. Here is my planned diet for the week -- hopefully I will start feeling full and healthy after a few days of better balanced meals:

Breakfast
Protein Cereal
1/2 c Soy Milk

Snack
String Cheese
Kashi Fruit Bar

Lunch
Mini PB Sandwich
100cal Sunchips
2 cookies

Snack
1 c Yogurt
Fruit Crisps

Dinner
2c Finely Chopped Romaine and Spinach
1/4 c Avocado
3 oz Seared Ahi Tuna or Salmon
2 tbsp. LF Dressing

Snack
1 glass of wine OR
Small slice Sweet Potato Pie


It's not perfect, but a vast improvement over the past few weeks. I am hoping the sunchips will replace my need for crunchy chips. And, the fat from the peanut butter, avocado, and string cheese should also help with being satiated. There is plenty of protein packed into the meals with the dairy servings, yogurt and tuna. And, happily, there are some veggies packed in there as well. I tested the finely chopped greens yesterday and didn't have a problem. The avocado, fruit crisps, and sweet potato are all easily digested and aligned with my dr. recommendation that I stick to soluble fiber. If I can squeeze in my workout successfully, I think I'll feel much less sluggish next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment