Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

The big day has arrived and my plans are set. I'll spend the day reminding myself of my goals; make my way to the gym for a moderate workout; and will use excruciating detail to describe my eating for the day (the splurge will be in the type of food, not the approach).

I feel a tension between wanting to fully participate in the excitement of preparing and eating the meal and wanting to lock myself away until it is over. But, to manage the tension I have decided to prioritize my selections so I can keep my focus as the day wears on and my discipline decreases.

First Priority:
Macaroni & Cheese (1/2 cup)
Sweet Potato Rolls (1)
Homemade Vanilla Smores (1)

Second Priority:
Goat Cheese, Fig, Cheese Profiteroles (2)
Bourbon Spiced Cider Cocktail (1)
Crispy Scallops (2-3)

Third Priority:
Gingerbread with Lemon Creme (a sliver)
Cheese and Crackers (2)

Fourth Priority:
Corn and Lemongrass Shooter (1)
Black Truffle Pate (1 tbsp.)


Whoo! Just looking at it gives me a twinge of fear. Gosh, I really don't want to wake up with a stomach ache tomorrow. That is probably the best motivation of all so maybe I should go back up and assign myself some rough estimates of what I think I can tolerate.

It'll be heavy on the carbs and dairy. I think my biggest concern will be bloating, rather than an actual blockage. I could increase the scallops to up my protein intake, but I think I'll take my chances and have a string cheese pre-workout and greek yogurt + kashi fruit bar post-workout. I'll cross my fingers on the dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment