Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Monthly Progress Check

I am well on my way to reaching my workout goals for the week -- 70 minutes to go. The original magazine article suggested that four weeks of commitment to 350 minutes of a week would help me lose eight pounds and they were right. I had a false start and missed my goal one week, but I am about eight pounds lighter and much stronger than when I started in October. Yay!

I need to define fitness plans for December and I haven't come up with anything too creative. I think I can probably squeeze another month of creativity out of the 350 challenge before I get bored and need something new. I shouldn't complain -- 350 minutes of exercise or 60 minutes for six says a week is a sensible way to lose weight. So, I will stay with what works and plan to get 350 minutes of exercise per week in December.

I also want to define my nutrition goal. Something that will be essential during the holiday eatfest. I have been sticking pretty closely to the six - 250kcal meals per day, but my journal writing has slacked off. So, my priority is "if I bite it, write it."

It's important to articulate outcomes with any goals. I've shied away from a weight goal in favor of the fit of my clothes and changes in physical strength. But, I think I will need something more concrete to keep me motivated. (I think some of this is motivated by some not so subtle prodding from my doctors -- they look at the numbers.) It is pretty simple -- I want to see the other side of 130 by New Year's Eve. I'd settle for 129.9. Mostly, I suspect that dropping below 130 will put me into 80-90% of my wardrobe, which makes sense because that was right around the point when I started shopping for clothes when I reached my WW goal.

I suppose I could refine the fitness plans more and say something about the number of push-ups or sit-ups, but I don't want to get that detailed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment