Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1, 2010

Okay, so what exactly does it take to get back in the saddle? For comparison purposes, I want to talk about life outside the saddle for the past four months (May-October).

The Diet:

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt
Snack: String Cheese; Granola Bar
Lunch: Not Exactly Sure..
Snack: Vending Machine Goodies (Animal Crackers or Ritz Chips or Baked Lays)
After-Work Snack: Frosted FireHook Cookie (Seriously, they call me Cookie Girl)
Dinner: Not sure here either...wasn't anything healthy though
After-Dinner Snack: Cookies. Chocolate,
After-Dinner Snack Accompaniment: Wine or Cocktail

The Exercise:
Morning: 10 minutes of Walking from Parking Lot to Work
Evening: 10 minutes of Walking from Work to Parking Lot

Gym Time? Not so much....


The Result:

+5lbs. (in four months!)
-stamina. endurance. noticeable muscle tone.

Analysis:

It is pretty simple. I got out of the gym habit and my eating started to slip. By the time I realized what was happening, I was sluggish and had no desire to push into the gym. Not quite as bad as it may seem -- to be fair I was traveling a minimum of three weekends per month and consistency in diet was difficult. But, it could have been better.

Hello Saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment