Friday, October 2, 2009

Day Thirty-Five

Today marks five weeks of using blogging as a tool for maximing my nutrition and exercise goals. I have seen little progress on the scale, but believe that I have set the groundwork for a process that will eventually help me lose weight. I cite as evidence of this progress my decision to spend the evening working out. I managed to have a reasonable dinner with a friend followed by a 60-minute session of cardio and training followed by a leisurely walk home. In many ways, this evening was symbolic of what I would like this journey to be. It was a great end to the week and it will help me start next week on the right note.

I did not reach my goal of 350 minutes of cardio for the second week in the row. Next week I am traveling, but I do not plan to use that as an excuse. It will be harder to manage my diet while on the trip. I recently traveled to Atlanta and found the lowfat, low residue options to be limited. I plan to come prepared with bars, soy jerky, and 1-point desserts that will help satisfy my cravings and help me avoid the lure of restaurant fare. I plan to blog daily about my efforts and to use tomorrow and Sunday as a starting point (e.g., staying within points, 60-90 minute workouts) for reaching my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment