Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day Sixty

It’s been three weeks. It took me a while to calculate the date, but that is about write. I want to take stock of where I have been and where I think I am now.

Nutrition
The week of my move and the following week were not so great. I spent four days surrounded by Southern cooking (need I say more), moved (lots of takeout), settled in (still lots of takeout, but now layered with fatigue) and finally got myself on track. I now have a schedule that makes me proud.

For the past week, I have been eating breakfast every day, drinking at least 8 oz of water, and striving to eat approximately 6 meals (about 250kcal ea) per day. The day looks something like this:

Breakfast
Protein Cereal w/ Milk (225)
Coffee (35)

Snack
Bar (110)
Fruit Chips (40)
Coffee (60)

Lunch
Veggie Salami Sandwich (180)
String Cheese (80)

Snack
Greek Yogurt (90) w/ Vitamin 100 cereal (110) or Bar (190)
Coffee (60)

Dinner
Seared Tuna w/olive oil or Veggie Sausage Sandwich (180)

Snack
100 Calorie Cake & ½ glass wine or cocktail (250) or
WW dessert (180)

Exercise
I have yet to fully complete the cardio challenge, but I am on pace to try to complete it this week. I had hoped to go through several cycles over the past month, but life intervened. I will post my stats separately, but I am on schedule to complete this week. (As long as I get enough sleep – it is clear to me that this is the critical component that knocked me off during the week of the move and subsequently. New commute, new schedule, endless boxes to unpack.)

On the upside, my new commute is great from a cardiovascular standpoint. I walk approximately 1.3 mi (some of it on an incline) before I sit at my desk every day. Another ½ of that on the way home and my afternoon trip to Starbuck’s leads to at least 2 miles per day! I’m still playing around with the ideal workout times now that the commute and schedule are different. I don’t know if there is a “best” strategy yet – I am sure something will emerge soon (when the weather changes) and for now I am trying to do what is comfortable and reach my Crazy Cardio Goal. This means going whenever possible.

Everything Else
Fatigue is the enemy. I am sure there are several causes to the fatigue that I can spend hours analyzing, but I won’t. The fact is that I seem like I am tired often and I need to do something to fix it. I have spoken with a few doctors and am trying to integrate some new (and not so new) habits into my daily living. Most of these are common sense, but as stated earlier – life intervenes. Unfortunately, 1-2 weeks of me failing to be on top of my game has a ripple effect. So, -- I would really like to whine a bit more about how annoying it is to pack mini-lunches, pace my activity on the weekends, etc. – but, instead I hear my husband’s voice “keep it focused” egging me on. I’ll post later on the fatigue issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment